Written by Julian A. Huertas Friday, 16 September 2011 00:00The Westbury-Carle Place Rotary Club is a service organization whose members represent many aspects of our educational, business and professional community. The mission is to provide funding for local projects as well as international projects. Its motto is “Service Above Self.”
The Rotary is planning a fundraising Day at the Races at Belmont Racetrack on Saturday, Oct. 1. You can help by doing one or more of the following:
- Purchase tickets for the Day at the Races;
- Provide a suitable gift item for our raffle;
- Make a donation to the Westbury-Carle Place Rotary Club.
Adult tickets are $65 and kids (under 12) are $45 – this includes a fabulous brunch and entrance to the park.
The funds raised at this event will go to supporting projects on the local and international level.
On the local level, the Westbury-Carle Place Rotary Club supports:
- The Dictionary Project, which brings dictionaries to every third-grader in Westbury and Carle Place School Districts;
- The Westbury and Carle Place Senior Citizens special luncheon;
- The Westbury Neighborhood House;
- Westbury and Carle Place High School Scholarship Program for graduating seniors;
- St. Brigid’s Food Pantry and many other projects as the need arises.
On an international level, the Rotary supports the:
- Gift of Life Program, which brings critically ill children from all over the world to the United States for surgery;
- Polio Plus Program, which brings vaccines to remote areas of the world where polio is still a threat.
Your support will enable the Rotary to continue to fund our special projects. Thank you very much for any assistance that you may be to the Westbury-Carle Place Rotary Club.
Contact Information: Florence Vaskas, event coordinator, 742-3627; Julian Huertas, president, 225-2290; Cathy Handy, education committee, 333-9398; Patrice Gervais, past president, 315-2815.