Anton Community Newspapers  •  132 East 2nd Street  •  Mineola, NY 11501  •  Phone: 516-747-8282  •  FAX: 516-742-5867
Intended comprare kamagra senza ricetta company.
Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Mayor’s Corner: June 28, 2011

‘Everyone Likes a Good Party’

Everyone likes a good party; and, with summer coming into full swing, Westbury residents certainly have many good reasons to have parties at their homes, from graduations to the Fourth of July, Labor Day and many other occasions. So, now would be a good time to review the village’s rules and regulations relating to parties. Of course, outdoor parties are permitted, but residents should be aware of and abide by a few simple rules:

- Residents should be careful to monitor and observe the village noise ordinance. The ordinance, which is designed to make certain that all residents have the enjoyment of their property, limits amplified music or other sounds (such as DJ and radio playing) to reasonable decibel levels.  So, music can be played at outdoor parties, but must be maintained so as not to be audible beyond the property line. 

- All outdoor music must be stopped by no later than 10 p.m.  Any resident who expects to have a party with music later than that should plan on having the party at a hall or other location.

- Partygoers should remain on the premises where the party is occurring, and should not spill out onto the streets.

- Partygoers should not discard rubbish, bottles, cans or other refuse in the neighborhood where the party is taking place. Residents hosting parties at their homes are responsible for making sure that their guests do not leave a mess, either on public property, or on the premises of their neighbors.

- Parking should be limited to the home and public streets. No parking should occur on other private property, in a manner that blocks driveways or intersections, or on any other public property or parkland.

- Blockage or closure of public streets (e.g., for block parties) requires a village permit.

- Homeowners should be sure to provide adequate adult supervision for parties attended by youths. Parties where there is inadequate supervision will be shut down.

- Homeowners should make sure to abide by all state and local laws relating to the serving of alcohol and occupancy.

Residents who have questions about village regulations pertaining to parties that they are planning can contact the Building Department at 334-1700, ext. 122.  Residents who have concerns or complaints about noise or other party-related problems should call the village Code Enforcement Hotline at (516) 333-1869, which is monitored frequently most times of the day, and the Nassau County Police Department (Third Precinct) at 573-6300.  Serious incidents should be reported immediately to the police department (dial 911 for emergencies).

Following these simple rules will allow both those having and attending parties, as well as their neighbors, to have the full enjoyment of their homes and neighborhoods in these summer months.