Written by Stanley Greenberg Friday, 15 October 2010 00:00
Due to a typographical error, an incorrect e-mail address was printed in the last column. However, some of my readers persevered and managed to get the correct answers to me.
These are the hardy souls: Richard Siegelman of Plainview, Lori Polizzotti of Hicksville, Ed Gellender of Jericho and Frank Barret.
1. Dirty Harry- Clint Eastwood- Harry Callahan
2. Gone With the Wind- Clark Gable- Rhett Butler
3. The Wizard of Oz- Judy Garland- Dorothy Gale
4. Star Wars- Harrison Ford- Han Solo
5. Taxi Driver- Robert DeNiro-Travis Bickle
6. In the Heat of the Night- Sidney Poitier- Virgil Tibbs
7. Jerry Maguire- Cuba Gooding Jr.- Rod Tidwell
8. A Few Good Men- Jack Nicholson- Colonel Nathan R. Jessep
9. Casablanca- Claude Rains- Captain Louis Renault
10. Some Like it Hot- Joe. E. Brown- Osgood Fielding III
11. The Graduate- Walter Brooke- Mr. McGuire
12. When Harry Met Sally- Estelle Reiner- Older Woman Customer
13. The Pride of the Yankees- Gary Cooper- Lou Gehrig
14. I’m No Angel- Mae West - Lady Lou
15. Love Story- Ali MacGraw- Jennifer Cavelleri
16. Apocalypse Now- Robert Duvall- Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore
17. The Godfather- Marlon Brando- Don Corleone
18. On the Waterfront- Marlon Brando- Terry Malloy
19. Sunset Boulevard- Gloria Swanson- Norma Desmond
20. Casablanca- Humphrey Bogart- Rick Blaine
1. Shane, Shane come back.
2. Stella! Hey Stella!
4. I want to be alone.
5. After all, tomorrow is another day.
6. Houston, we have a problem.
7. Made it Ma! Top of the world.
8. There’s no place like home.
9. I am big! It’s the pictures that got small.
10. You know how to whistle, don’t you Steve? You just put your lips together and blow.