Written by Stanley Greenberg Friday, 08 October 2010 00:00
The movies just keep pouring forth from Hollywood.
They have become an integral part of our lives.
Even in our current political campaign, we are treated to the famous, galvanizing Peter Finch quote from the 1976 movie Network. “I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore!” That saying captured the feelings of America at that time.
The quotes are in no particular order. Here goes!
1. Go ahead, make my day!
2. Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn,
3. Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.
4. May the Force be with you.
5. Are you talking to me?
6. They call me Mister Tibbs!
7. Show me the money!
8. You can’t handle the truth.
9. Round up the usual suspects.
10. Well, nobody’s perfect.
12. I’ll have what she’s having.
13. Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.
14. Why don’t you come up and see me sometime?
15. Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
16. I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
17. I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.
18. You don’t understand! I coulda been a contender.
19. All right, Mr. De Mille, I’m ready for my close-up.
20. Play it again, Sam.