Friday, 19 July 2013 00:00
The last weekend in June was marred by a string of vandalism to automobiles in the Roslyn area. The Third Squad is investigating multiple occurrences of criminal mischief that occurred in East Hills, Roslyn Heights and Mineola, between Friday, June 28 at 9 p.m. and Saturday, June 29 at 9 a.m.
According to detectives, numerous automobiles were damaged by unknown subject(s). The vehicles and locations are the following:
A 2002 Mercedes Benz with a shattered windshield on Roselle Street.
• The rear window of a 2004 Hyundai on Roselle Street.
• A damaged driver’s side rear door and driver’s side view mirror on a 2008 Toyota on Roselle Street.
• A damaged 2007 Volkswagen at Columbus Parkway and Roselle Street.
• A 2008 Honda with a damaged windshield on Roselle Street.
• The driver’s side mirror and windshield of a 2000 Chevrolet on Arlington Street.
• On Westwood Circle, a broken side view mirror on a 2008 Toyota.
• The outdoor light fixture of a residence on Westwood Circle was also damaged.
• A 2011 BMW with a broken rear window and taillight on Schoolhouse Lane.
• The side view mirror broken off a 2012 Jeep on Schoolhouse Lane.
• A 2004 Mercedes Benz with a broken windshield on Shadetree Lane.
• Dents to the hood, front quarter panel, broken windshield and side view mirror of a 2010 Honda on Barnyard Lane.
• Broken door handles, shattered windshield and damaged side view mirror to a 2002 Mercedes Benz on Barnyard Lane.
• A 2011 Land Rover with a damaged side view mirror on Barnyard Lane.
• A damaged windshield to a 2003 Honda on Percheron Lane.
The investigation is ongoing and detectives request anyone with information regarding the above listed crimes to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.