Thursday, 14 May 2009 09:48
Don’t forget, the vote on the Roslyn School District Budget for the 2009-2010 school year will take place on Tuesday, May 19 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Roslyn High School. The following will be on the ballot:
• The Roslyn School District’s proposed budget for the 2009-10 school year of $94,751,350. The budget-to-budget increase is 0.6 percent, and the projected tax levy increase is 1.3 percent.
• Voters are asked to approve a transfer of $938,000 from the Capital Reserve Fund for new capital projects with no tax increase (Proposition 3).
• Election of three board trustees. Individuals who have filed petitions to be candidates in the order in which they will appear on the ballot are Dani Kline, Adam Haber, David Seinfeld and Ron Smith.
• The Bryant Library’s proposed budget for 2009-10. Details of the Library budget can be obtained by visiting www.nassaulibrary.org/bryant or by calling the Library at 621-2240.
Please call 801-5030 for additional budget information, or visit the district’s website at www.roslynschools.org.
To vote in a school election, an individual must be:
• A U.S. citizen
• 18 years old by election day
• A resident in the Roslyn School District for at least 30 days by election day.
• Registered to vote.
Call the district clerk at 801-5002 for voter information.