What: 14th Annual Harborfest Dock Day and Craft Festival presented by the Port Washington Chamber of Commerce.
When: Sunday, June 6, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Town Dock and Lower Main Street, Port Washington. Free trolley and shuttle buses from the LIRR station and Manorhaven Park.
Why: A celebration of our nautical heritage on the waterfront of beautiful Manhasset Bay, in order to enhance public awareness of the need to protect and preserve this precious asset.
Admission: Free (fee for cruises).
Events: * Craft show, arts and crafts demonstrations - 75+ vendors
* Schooner sails on Manhasset Bay
* Concerts and nautical singers
* Mini Olympics for kids
* Children's fun park
* Family fun stage
* Merchant & organization booths, exhibits
* Fabulous food court
* New nautical exhibit in "tugboat" museum
* Opening of the Treasure Chest
* Model boat regatta on Mill Pond
* Free rides on the bid trolley
* Fire Department's "Get Out Alive" trailer
* Newsday's Long Island History Mobile Museum
* Mobile US Post Office - Harborfest cancellation stamp, giveaways, environmental exhibits.
* Much more!
Other Harborfest Happenings:
* June 4, 7 p.m.: Rotary Club's Clam Bake & "Banjos on the Bay"
* June 5, 5-8 p.m.: Sunset Sail aboard the schooner Phoenix
For additional information, call Bobbie Polay at 883-6566 or email: PWCOC@optonline.net.