What: 11th Annual HarborFest Dock Day Festival presented by the Port Washington Chamber of Commerce
When: Saturday, May 19, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Town Dock and Lower Main Street, Port Washington. Free shuttle buses from the LIRR station and Manorhaven Park
Why: A celebration of our nautical heritage on the waterfront of beautiful Manhasset Bay, in order to enhance public awareness of the need to protect and preserve this precious asset.
Admission: Free (fee for cruises)
Events: * Cruises on tall ship Phoenix, Allison Rose Cruise Boat, water taxi. Departures 11:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
* Concert series and nautical singers, 11:15 a.m.-6 p.m.
* Mini fun run for kids with popular characters, 9:30-11 a.m.
* Crafts show and demonstrations - 100 booths
* Children's fun park - castle bounce, games, activities
* Family fun stage, 11:45 a.m.-4 p.m.
* Merchant and organization booths, exhibits
* Fabulous food court
* New nautical exhibit in "Tugboat" Museum
* Opening of the treasure chest
* Model boat regatta on Mill Pond, 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
* Newsday's Long Island History Mobile Museum
* Mobile US Post Office - HarborFest cancellation stamp, giveaways, environmental exhibits
* Much more!
* May 18, 7 p.m.: Rotary Club Charity Clam Bake under the main tent, to benefit the Teen Center.
* May 19, 8 p.m.: Landmark Community Center's Third Annual Folk Music Concert starring Richie Havens.
* May 20, 1 and 6:30 p.m.: three-hour sails aboard the Phoenix.
* May 25, 7-11 p.m.: "Pirate Cruise" aboard the Allison Rose. Hors d'oeuvres, full dinner, DJ and karaoke. Costume optional.
* Anton Community Newspapers, Extra Space Storage, Fleet Bank, Town of North Hempstead.
For additional information about HarborFest, call Bobbie Polay at 883-6566.