Farmingdale Observer Floral Park Dispatch Garden City Life Glen Cove Record Pilot Great Neck Record Hicksville Illustrated News Levittown Tribune Manhasset Press Massapequan Observer Mineola American New Hyde Park Illustrated News Oyster Bay Enterprise Pilot Plainview Herald Port Washington News Roslyn News Syosset Jericho Tribune Three Village Times Westbury Times Boulevard Magazine Features Calendar Search Add An Event Classified Contacting Anton News
News Sports Calendar Opinion Obituaries Table of Contents


Police Report

November 29

At 9:02 p.m. a woman called police headquarters to report that after being out for the day, she discovered that approximately $15,000 worth of jewelry had been stolen from her home on Harborview Road. The jewelry had been taken from two bedrooms and belonged to herself and a guest. Two days later a police officer stopped a vehicle and noticed that there was a lot of jewelry inside. The detective summoned to the case determined that the jewelry had been stolen. As a result, the 20-year-old Farmingdale woman in the car was arrested on two counts of burglary, and the underage youth who had been driving was custodialized and also charged with burglary, as well as criminal possession of stolen property. Further investigation revealed that the woman had also committed two burglaries in Manorhaven, with the assistance of a 19-year-old Port Washington male. He was also arrested and charged with two counts of burglary and criminal possession of stolen property.

At 4:27 p.m. a patrol officer saw a 52-year-old Port Washington man run a red light at the intersection of Main Street and South Bayles Avenue. A few minutes later the man got out of his car; then when the officer asked him to stop, the man fled the scene and was finally apprehended three blocks away. A DMV check on the car's license plates revealed them to be stolen. The defendant claimed to own the car, but he had no documents, such as registration, to prove ownership. He was arrested, taken to Port headquarters for processing, and then taken to Nassau County Detention to await arraignment. His vehicle was impounded.

November 30

At 5:25 p.m. a 68-year-old man called to report that his Lewis Lane home had been broken into sometime between November 26 and November 30. Various items were missing, including jewelry, credit cards, and $95 in cash.

At 1:20 p.m. a man called police headquarters from his Port Washington apartment to report that his wife had hit him on the head with a coffee cup. Two police officers, a medic, and a fireperson went to the home where it was determined that the man had been hit in the head. The woman was arrested and taken to headquarters for processing. At the station she reported back pain; so the medics responded, but they found no sign of physical abuse. She was transported to the Nassau County Medical Center to determine if she was fit for confinement.. After being diagnosed as fit, she was then transported to detention for processing.

December 2

At 11:54 a.m. a man called headquarters to report that a shipping container and trailer had been stolen from his business on Harbor Park Drive, sometime between 12:30 a.m. on November 24 and 6 p.m. on December 1. The trailer was valued at approximately $10,500, the container at approximately $7,000, and the shoes at $60,403.20.

December 5

At 1:23 a.m. Nassau County detectives called Port headquarters to report that they had arrested someone in the Port Washington police district on a narcotics charge.

At the request of the Staten Island 122nd Precinct Detective Squad, Port police assisted in an arrest at a business on West Shore Road. The subject was suspected of burglary.

December 6

Police checked the residence of a woman who called the 911 number shortly after midnight and then hung up. The 35-year-old woman and her 39-year-old ex-boyfriend, both of Port Washington, had been engaged in a physical and verbal argument. The woman had sustained two cuts on the middle fingers of her left hand but refused medical assistance. The man was arrested for third degree menacing and transported to Port headquarters for processing. Here, he complained of chest pains and was therefore taken by medics to St. Francis Hospital where he was admitted. At the hospital he was given a ticket to appear in First District Court on December 8.

At 3:04 p.m. an 84-year-old woman called to report that $2,000 in cash had been stolen from her Port Washington apartment: $1,000 in a change purse and two envelopes, each with $500 in denominations of 10s, 20s and 50s.

December 7

A 48-year-old woman from Glendale appeared at headquarters at 7 p.m. to report that she had just been involved in a dispute with her 17-year-old son's 43-year-old stepmother at Genovese Drug Store on Port Boulevard. Two officers investigated and determined that the biological mother had hit the stepmother on the right arm. A civilian arrest was made, and later the defendant was released with a ticket to appear in court.


| home |
Copyright ©1997 Anton Community Newspapers, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
LinkExchange Member