Thursday, 12 June 2014 00:00
Mineola High School will host its senior awards breakfast at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park at 8 a.m.
The East Williston School District will hold its senior project fair in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The East Williston School District will hold its sixth and seventh grade spring concert at 7 p.m. in the Willets Road School at 455 I.U. Willets Rd. in Roslyn Heights.
The Village of Mineola will hold a public hearing at 6:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola. A work session will follow at 7:30 p.m.
The North Hempstead Board of Zoning Appeals will meet at 10 a.m. in Town Hall at 220 Plandome Rd. in Manhasset.
The Mineola Republican Club will hold its Flag Day Cocktail Party at Piccola Bussola at 159 Jericho Tpke. from 7 to 9 p.m. It will honor State Senator Jack Martins, restaurant owner Tony Lubrano and pay tribute to John DaVanzo.
The Hampton Street School will hold a staff appreciation luncheon at 10 Hampton St. in Mineola to commemorate the end of the school year.
Mineola Middle School will hold Color Night at 200 Emory Rd. in Mineola.
Enjoy Tom Juliano on saxophone from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Piccola Bussola at 159 Jericho Tpke.
Eleanor Rigby’s at 133 Mineola Blvd. in Mineola, will host the band Second Chance, at 9 p.m.
Regents and final exams begin for high school students. Good luck.
The East Williston School Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. for a retiree reception in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury. The regular meeting will begin at 8 p.m.
The Mineola School District will hold its PTA installation dinner at 7 p.m. in the Irish American Center at 297 Willis Ave.
The Wheatley and Willets Road Schools will hold all-day jazz festivals to commemorate the end of the school year.
The Mineola School Board will meet at 7 p.m. in the second floor staff lounge of the Willis Avenue School at 121 Jackson Ave. in Mineola.
The East Williston Zoning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 2 Prospect Place in East Williston.
• The Mineola Historical Society meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in its headquarters at 211 Westbury Avenue, Mineola. For more info, contact the historical society at 516-746-6722. Ask for Neil, Mike or Tom.
• Mineola AARP Chapter 4202 meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month from September to June at 9:30 a.m. in the community center at Mineola Village Hall, located at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
• Boy Scout Troop 45 of Mineola meets every Tuesday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola located at First and Main Sts. Boys ages 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Boy Scout Troop 200 of Williston Park meets every Monday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church located at Willis Ave. and Winthrop St., Williston Park. Boys ages 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Mineola Choral Society meets every Monday at 8 p.m. in Mineola High School, Armstrong Rd., Garden City Park. New voices are welcome. For more information call 294-1175.
• Nassau Chess Club meets each Monday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola, First and Main Sts. For more information call 631-218-4440.
• Irish American Society Social gatherings are every Monday at
the Irish American Center, 297 Willis Ave., Mineola, from noon to 3 p.m. The group is here to make all welcome and be part of the local community. Bring lunch. Coffee and tea will be served. Call 516-742-8080.
• Leisure Club Of Mineola meets Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mineola Community Center, Washington Ave. For more information, call 741-8747.