When Mayor Jack Martins first took office, he conducted a review of the Village's costs for the disposal of solid waste. "I thought that the numbers looked a bit high for a village of our size," he said. "I wanted to look at tonnage and rates."
Area Departments Aid CP in Extinguishing Fire --
A short time after midnight on Aug. 22 firefighters from several area departments were called to extinguish a fire at the former Nassau County BOCES building. The Carle Place Fire Department received a call to 234 Glen Cove Road after workers, who are in the building day and night performing asbestos abatement, noticed smoke in the basement.