Thursday, 19 June 2014 00:00
Recognition Dinner - June 18
Senior Brunch - June 19
Coffee With The Principal - June 19
The Village of Mineola will hold a public hearing at 6:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola. A public meeting will follow at 7:30 p.m. A work session will follow if needed.
The East Williston School District will hold its Recognition of Excellence Dinner at the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury from 6:30 p.m. to midnight.
The Wheatley School will hold its senior brunch at 8 a.m. at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Hampton Street School will hold its annual all-day Field Day and BBQ event.
The North Side School will hold coffee with the principal at 9:30 a.m. at 110 East Williston Ave. in East Williston.
The Mineola School Board will meet at 4 p.m. in the second floor staff lounge of the Willis Avenue School at 121 Jackson Ave. in Mineola to discuss goal settings for the next school year. The regular meeting will start at 7 p.m.
The East Williston Zoning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 2 Prospect Place in East Williston.
Eleanor Rigby’s at 133 Mineola Blvd. in Mineola, will host The Generators at 9 p.m.
The Wheatley School will hold its commencement ceremonies at 10 a.m. in the Tilles Center in 720 Northern Blvd. in Greenvale.
The North Side School will hold its moving up ceremony in the Willets Road School auditorium at 9:45 a.m. at 455 I.U. Willets Rd. in Roslyn Heights.
Eleanor Rigby’s at at 133 Mineola Blvd. in Mineola will celebrate its 20th anniversary with select menu deals and specialty items. For more information, call 516-739-6622.
The Village of Mineola’s board of zoning appeals will meet at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
Piccola Bussola at 159 Jericho Turnpike will hold Comedy Night at 7 p.m., featuring Richie Byrne from Dr. Oz, local comedian Harry Zapiti and Jack Fontana. It’s $49.95 per person, which includes a dinner, soft drinks and coffee/tea. A cash bar will be available. For reservations, call 516-294-4620.
• The Mineola Historical Society meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in its headquarters at 211 Westbury Avenue, Mineola. For more info, contact the historical society at 516-746-6722. Ask for Neil, Mike or Tom.
• Mineola AARP Chapter 4202 meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month from September to June at 9:30 a.m. in the community center at Mineola Village Hall, located at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
• Boy Scout Troop 45 of Mineola meets every Tuesday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola located at First and Main Sts. Boys ages 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Boy Scout Troop 200 of Williston Park meets every Monday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church located at Willis Ave. and Winthrop St., Williston Park. Boys ages 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Mineola Choral Society meets every Monday at 8 p.m. in Mineola High School, Armstrong Rd., Garden City Park. New voices are welcome. For more information call 294-1175.
• Nassau Chess Club meets each Monday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola, First and Main Sts. For more information call 631-218-4440.
Saturday, 11 October 2014 00:00
Audition Hosts: Eleanor Rigby’s Restauant, Mineola Village Hall, Piccola Bussola and Plum Tomatoes
Audition Team: Master Performance Artist Ed Dennehy of Huntington/ formerly of Mineola
Robert Busch, Little Neck and Melville Fire Department, Adrian Gaeckler: Oyster Bay/ Nassau Coliseum Staff, Nigel Gretton: Hempstead/ St John’s University Performing Arts Chair Lady Laura, Hempstead/ Global Performing Artist, Ralph DeSalvo: Williston Park, Musician/ Band Leader.
Al Trompeter, Entertainment Promoter
Special Touches: Bagelman of Mineola ( Entertainment Committee Host)
Creations de Belle of Mineola (Street Decorations/ Balloons)
Friday, 10 October 2014 00:00
Tom Hayden has been a member of Mineola Golden Age for nearly 20 years.
Growing up in Flushing, Queens, he has lived in Mineola for about 40 years. Hayden has five children—two on Long Island, two in Florida, and one in Maryland—and 13 grand-children, all girls.
Thursday, 16 October 2014 00:00
The Mineola Mustangs ended last year’s playoff run in a 34-6 drubbing from the West Hempstead Rams. Mineola was poised for another post season push in 2014 and it showed last week, with a 15-14 victory over the Rams in homecoming weekend.
With a slow start in the first half, Mineola (4-1) put their first points on the board in the second quarter with a field goal by senior Robert Lang. After a touchdown by the Rams (2-3), they headed into halftime 7-3.
Thursday, 09 October 2014 00:00
Despite two goals from Liam Going, the BU11 Mineola FC squad fell to a relentless and talented Hota Panthers team at Soccer Park in Plainview on Sept. 6. Hota jumped out to a 4-0 lead before Going connected on his first tally, launching a 30-yard free kick that dropped over the Hota keeper. The Mineola striker’s second goal brought his team to within two goals of their opponent, but Hota scored several more goals in the second half in a strong performance. Mineola’s Nicholas Buffolino and Luke Sommese gave solid efforts for Mineola in the season-opener for both teams.