Thursday, 27 March 2014 00:00
PTO Meeting - March 31
Community Pasta Dinner - April 3
School Board Meeting - April 3
The Mineola Mustangs’ varsity softball team will face the Floral Park Knights at 4:30 p.m.
The Mineola Mustangs’ varsity lacrosse team will face the Floral Park Knights at 4:30 p.m.
The Mineola Board of Zoning Appeals will meet at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
The East Williston School District Financial Advisory Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Wheatley School PTO will meet at 8 p.m. in room 450 at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Mineola Mustang boys spring track team will travel to face Friends Academy at 4:30 p.m.
The Mineola Mustangs’ varsity softball team will face Oyster Bay High School at 4:30 p.m.
The East Williston School District Educational Advisory Committee will meet at 6 p.m. in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Mineola High School Booster Club will meet at 7 p.m. in the school at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park.
The Hampton Street and Meadow Drive School PTAs will meet at 7:30 p.m.
The Mineola High School PTSA will meet in the library at 7 p.m. in the school at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park.
The East Williston School Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. to discuss the district budget in room 450 of the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Mineola School Board will hold its workshop meeting at 7 p.m. in the library of the Mineola High School, at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park.
Mineola Middle School will hold its Spring Party from 7 to 9 p.m. at 200 Emory Rd. in Mineola.
The Village of Mineola will hold Organization Night at 7 p.m. in the community center of Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
The East Williston School Board will hold its final budget meeting at 7:30 p.m. in room 450 of the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Village of Mineola will hold its budget work session at 6:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
• Boy Scout Troop 200 of Williston Park meets every Monday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church located at Willis Ave. and Winthrop St., Williston Park. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome
• Mineola Choral Society meets every Monday at 8 p.m. in Mineola High School, Armstrong Rd., Garden City Park. New voices are welcome. For more information call 294-1175.
• Nassau Chess Club meets each Monday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola, First and Main Sts. For more information call 631-218-4440.
• Boy Scout Troop 45 of Mineola meets every Tuesday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola located at First and Main Sts. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Leisure Club Of Mineola meets Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mineola Community Center, Washington Ave. For more information, call 741-8747.
• Irish American Society Social gatherings every Monday at the Irish American Center, 297 Willis Ave., Mineola, from noon to 3 p.m. In the tradition and mission of the Irish American Society, the group is here to make all welcome and be part of the local community. Bring lunch. Coffee and tea will be served. Call 516-742-8080.
Wednesday, 22 October 2014 00:00
Local school districts are reaffirming student hygiene standards in the wake of the non-polio enterovirus (EV-D68) that’s been found in the United States. A strain of the enterovirus was found in Southampton’s middle and high schools, but officials say it was not the virus that has caused the national EV-D68 outbreak.
The enterovirus disproportionately affects infants, children and adolescents who lack immunity, according to the Center for Disease Control. School districts have been notified to follow New York State Health Department guidelines to combat possible infections.
Saturday, 11 October 2014 00:00
Audition Hosts: Eleanor Rigby’s Restauant, Mineola Village Hall, Piccola Bussola and Plum Tomatoes
Audition Team: Master Performance Artist Ed Dennehy of Huntington/ formerly of Mineola
Robert Busch, Little Neck and Melville Fire Department, Adrian Gaeckler: Oyster Bay/ Nassau Coliseum Staff, Nigel Gretton: Hempstead/ St John’s University Performing Arts Chair Lady Laura, Hempstead/ Global Performing Artist, Ralph DeSalvo: Williston Park, Musician/ Band Leader.
Al Trompeter, Entertainment Promoter
Special Touches: Bagelman of Mineola ( Entertainment Committee Host)
Creations de Belle of Mineola (Street Decorations/ Balloons)
Thursday, 16 October 2014 00:00
The Mineola Mustangs ended last year’s playoff run in a 34-6 drubbing from the West Hempstead Rams. Mineola was poised for another post season push in 2014 and it showed last week, with a 15-14 victory over the Rams in homecoming weekend.
With a slow start in the first half, Mineola (4-1) put their first points on the board in the second quarter with a field goal by senior Robert Lang. After a touchdown by the Rams (2-3), they headed into halftime 7-3.
Thursday, 09 October 2014 00:00
Despite two goals from Liam Going, the BU11 Mineola FC squad fell to a relentless and talented Hota Panthers team at Soccer Park in Plainview on Sept. 6. Hota jumped out to a 4-0 lead before Going connected on his first tally, launching a 30-yard free kick that dropped over the Hota keeper. The Mineola striker’s second goal brought his team to within two goals of their opponent, but Hota scored several more goals in the second half in a strong performance. Mineola’s Nicholas Buffolino and Luke Sommese gave solid efforts for Mineola in the season-opener for both teams.