Thursday, 27 March 2014 00:00
PTO Meeting - March 31
Community Pasta Dinner - April 3
School Board Meeting - April 3
The Mineola Mustangs’ varsity softball team will face the Floral Park Knights at 4:30 p.m.
The Mineola Mustangs’ varsity lacrosse team will face the Floral Park Knights at 4:30 p.m.
The Mineola Board of Zoning Appeals will meet at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
The East Williston School District Financial Advisory Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Wheatley School PTO will meet at 8 p.m. in room 450 at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Mineola Mustang boys spring track team will travel to face Friends Academy at 4:30 p.m.
The Mineola Mustangs’ varsity softball team will face Oyster Bay High School at 4:30 p.m.
The East Williston School District Educational Advisory Committee will meet at 6 p.m. in the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Mineola High School Booster Club will meet at 7 p.m. in the school at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park.
The Hampton Street and Meadow Drive School PTAs will meet at 7:30 p.m.
The Mineola High School PTSA will meet in the library at 7 p.m. in the school at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park.
The East Williston School Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. to discuss the district budget in room 450 of the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Mineola School Board will hold its workshop meeting at 7 p.m. in the library of the Mineola High School, at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park.
Mineola Middle School will hold its Spring Party from 7 to 9 p.m. at 200 Emory Rd. in Mineola.
The Village of Mineola will hold Organization Night at 7 p.m. in the community center of Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
The East Williston School Board will hold its final budget meeting at 7:30 p.m. in room 450 of the Wheatley School at 11 Bacon Rd. in Old Westbury.
The Village of Mineola will hold its budget work session at 6:30 p.m. in Village Hall at 155 Washington Ave. in Mineola.
• Boy Scout Troop 200 of Williston Park meets every Monday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church located at Willis Ave. and Winthrop St., Williston Park. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome
• Mineola Choral Society meets every Monday at 8 p.m. in Mineola High School, Armstrong Rd., Garden City Park. New voices are welcome. For more information call 294-1175.
• Nassau Chess Club meets each Monday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola, First and Main Sts. For more information call 631-218-4440.
• Boy Scout Troop 45 of Mineola meets every Tuesday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Mineola located at First and Main Sts. Boys 11 to 17 are welcome to join.
• Leisure Club Of Mineola meets Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mineola Community Center, Washington Ave. For more information, call 741-8747.
• Irish American Society Social gatherings every Monday at the Irish American Center, 297 Willis Ave., Mineola, from noon to 3 p.m. In the tradition and mission of the Irish American Society, the group is here to make all welcome and be part of the local community. Bring lunch. Coffee and tea will be served. Call 516-742-8080.
Saturday, 22 November 2014 00:00
Winthrop University Hospital employee Jeffrey Brenner, a hyperbaric technician with the Life Support Technologies group in Mineola, recently received the American Heart Association’s prestigious Louis J. Acampora Heart Saver Award at a dinner at the Crest Hollow Country Club. The award is named for a Long Island teenager who succumbed to a sporting injury that is understood to have been preventable if a cardiac medical device had been immediately on-scene and applied.
“I hope that I have made a real difference in my town and the world around me to help prevent death and improve the quality of people’s lives” said Brenner.
Friday, 21 November 2014 00:00
The Wheatley School recently hosted an Item Writing Workshop for more than 100 language teachers representing districts across New York State. The workshop was sponsored by the Foreign Language Association of Chairpersons and Supervisors (FLACS), the professional organization that has assumed responsibility for the creation and administration of the FLACS
Checkpoint A and B Exams (formerly the NYS Second Language Proficiency and Regents Exams).
Thursday, 20 November 2014 00:00
After consecutive seasons of finishing runner-up in the men’s golf Player of the Year for the Skyline Conference, Christian Bleck of St. Joseph’s took home first place in a rather unlikely turn of events.
After a herniated disc caused the Chaminade High School alum to miss every event after the first week of the season until the conference tournament, Bleck returned—without even having the luxury of practicing a full 18 holes—and competed with the best players the conference has to offer.
Thursday, 06 November 2014 00:00
The Mineola Mustang boys cross-country team won the division 4A championship recently at Bethpage State Park. This is the first championship for the program since 1974, ending a 40-year championship drought.
Mineola defeated Seaford, who also entered the undefeated in division competition, 38-20. Overcoming rain and high winds throughout the race, many Mustangs ran personal records for the 5K in route to the victory.