Anton Community Newspapers  •  132 East 2nd Street  •  Mineola, NY 11501  •  Phone: 516-747-8282  •  FAX: 516-742-5867
Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Massapequa Fire Dept. And Nassau Police Respond To Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The Seventh Precinct reported the details of three aided cases due to carbon monoxide that occurred in Massapequa on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:55 a.m. According to detectives, three male victims, ages 20, 21, and 22, were asleep inside their recreational vehicle, parked in the Sunrise Mall parking lot located at 850 Sunrise Mall, when they began to feel ill from carbon monoxide poisoning. The generator on board was apparently not ventilated properly, causing dangerous fumes to enter the sleeping area. Nassau County Police Ambulance with the assistance of the Massapequa Fire Department transported all three victims to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment. Injuries are not life-threatening.