The following is a summary of actions taken by the Massapequa Board of Education at its regularly scheduled meeting on April 23.
• Superintendent's Report - Mr. Sulc
• Goal #5 - Maintaining a Cost-Effective School System - Mr. Adcock
• SOAR Program Update - Mrs. Iconis
• Out of School Suspension Program Update - Mrs. Woodbury
The Board of Education acted on a variety of new business, including resolutions to:
• Revise Petty Cash Policy (Policy #6670).
• Revise Purchasing Policy (Policy #6700).
• Approve the contract with Nassau BOCES for the PowerSchool Student Management System subject to the review and approval of the school district attorney.
• Accept a donation from Julien LeGoff of his Eagle Scout Project of four sets of wooden picnic tables and four park-style benches to be used on the grounds of Massapequa High School.
• Accept a donation of $500 from the Cowan Family to sponsor an annual senior award in memory of Christina Cowan.
• Accept a donation of $1,000 from Mrs. Kathy Piccinnini to sponsor a senior award in memory of John J. Piccinnini.
• Accept an award of 30 TI-Nspire CAS graphing handhelds and a TI-Nspire View Screen Panel for the Ames Campus from Texas Instruments.
• Adopt the revised NYBEST Participation Agreement as documented in the NYBEST Resolution, Bylaws and Request Form.
• Include Flushing Commercial Bank as an authorized depository of district funds for the Massapequa School District.
• Approve appropriation adjustments amounting to $391,000.
• For more information or to view the agenda visit the district website at www.msd.k12.ny.us.