The following is a summary of actions taken by the Massapequa Board of Education at its regularly scheduled meeting on Jan. 8.
* Recognition Of Matthew Sauter, 2008 Nassau County High School Physical Education Teacher Of The Year
* Recognition Of Girls Volleyball Team, Girls Varsity Soccer Team & Boys Varsity Soccer Team - Nassau County Champions
The Board of Education received the following reports:
* Initial Report Goal #1 -Study of the Current Extended Day Kindergarten - Mrs. Iconis
* Goal #6e - 5 Year Athletic Plan - Mr. Piropato
The Board of Education acted on a variety of new business, including resolutions to:
* Adopt 2009-10 School Calendar which is available on the district website.
* Hire SERAPH to perform school safety management training to district employees.
* Authorize the submission of an application for a Twenty First Century Demonstration Project Grant under the NYS Local Government Efficiency Grant Program with Nassau County and Nassau BOCES.
* Accept a donation of $1,000 from the Massapequa High School Alumna to establish the Salvatore Casano Memorial Scholarship for Science.
For more information or to view the agenda visit the district website at www.msd.k12.ny.us.