The following is a summary of actions taken by the Massapequa Board of Education at its regularly scheduled meeting on October 5.
The board of education received the following reports:
• Code of Conduct update, and subsequent approval of a revision to the dress code.
• Bond Referendum Update - Mr. Adcock gave an overview of the October 24 bond referendum, and noted a public hearing scheduled for October 18.
• Columbia Project - Mr. Jason Esposito, principal of Fairfield, gave an overview and update report of the district's "Writing Workshop" initiative with Columbia Teacher's College.
• Mr. Andrew Dwork, coordinator of the Summer Music program, gave an overview and update of the past summer's program.
The board of education acted on a variety of new business, including:
• Approved a Memorandum of Agreement between the school district and the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles to continue the ability of students to take written drivers tests in district.
• Approved a policy on Defense and Indemnification of Board Members and Employees.
• Appointed registrars and inspectors for the upcoming bond vote.
For more information or to view the agenda visit the district website at www.msd.k12.ny.us.