Thursday, 12 December 2013 00:00
Levittown Schools Winter Concert - December 12
Astrological Forecast - December 13
Third Annual Division Avenue PTSA Book Fair - December 14
On Dec. 12, Salk Middle School will hold its will hold its Winter Concert from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
The Division Avenue High School will also hold their Winter Concert on Dec. 12, at 7:30 p.m.
On Dec. 13, come down to Levittown Hall for a lecture on Astrology and learn what it is all about.
Come on down and view Long Island’s largest operating O-Gauge layout. The event will be held at 2953 Hempstead Tpke., in Levittown, from 1 - 4 p.m., on Friday Dec. 13, Saturday Dec. 14, and Sunday Dec. 15.
Join members of the Division Avenue High School PTSA, for their Book Fair Kick Off on Dec. 14, from noon to 2 p.m. at the Barnes & Noble, located at 91 Old Country Rd. in Carle Place.
The event will feature a performance from the talented chamber orchestra and choir, beautiful student art work displayed throughout store, a reading from athletes with the Division Avenue High School football team and much more.
A portion of all sales will help support the PTSA. Anyone interested in participating must remember to tell the cashier they are supporting Division Avenue. Can’t make our kick off, shop at any Barnes & Noble from Dec. 14 thru Dec. 21 and tell cashier you are with Division Ave HS.
On Dec. 14, the Island Trees Memorial Middle School is hosting a breakfast with Santa Claus. The event includes a raffle, arts and crafts, face painting, hot and cold beverages, baked goods and, of course, bagels. Breakfast with Santa starts at 9 a.m. inside the Island Trees Memorial Middle School cafeteria. Admission is $8 per ticket. Children under age 3 are free.
On Dec. 15, Domenico’s, located at 3270A Hempstead Tpke. in Levittown will be throwing a Christmas celebration for the entire family. The celebration will be from 1 to 5 p.m. and will feature a magic show from Rich the Magish as well as a special appearance by Santa Claus and his helpers. Santa will also be bringing goodie bags that will be available for children, and of course, he will be more than happy to take photos. The event will also feature a full buffet, dessert, soda, coffee or tea and a gluten-free menu. The cost is $28.95 per adult and $18.95 per child between 3 to 11 years old.
On Dec. 16, come and enjoy the Division Avenue High School’s second winter concert. The event starts at 7:30 p.m.
On Dec. 17, Wisdom Lane Middle School will hold its first winter concert at 7:00 p.m.
On Dec. 17, MacArthur High School will hold its first winter concert at 7:30 p.m.
The Levittown Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly meeting on Dec. 18, at Domenico’s Restaurant, located at 3207A Hempstead Tpke., from 12:30 p.m. through lunch.
Levittown public schools close for winter holidays until Friday, Jan. 3.
• Homemakers Club Levittown Day Chapter meeting from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays at the VFW Hall Post #9592, Hickory Lane, Levittown. Call 516-579-4420.
• Family Support Group, an ongoing support group for those who have family members or other loved ones with mental illness. Meets on Mondays from 7 to 8 p.m. at Central Nassau Guidance & Counseling Services, 950 South Oyster Bay Rd. The fee is $5 per family. In addition to verbal support, the group presents guest lecturers, workshops, education programs and holds social events. For information call 516-822-6111.
• Overeaters Anonymous meeting every Tuesday at 8 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church, 474 Wantagh Ave., Levittown. Do you have a problem with food? We are a 12-step group for those who eat compulsively. Call 516-794-1333.
• Overeaters Anonymous. Are you a compulsive overeater? Under eater? Overeaters Anonymous can help. There is a meeting on Tuesdays on the corner of Salisbury Park Dr. and Carmans Rd., East Meadow, across from the firehouse from 7:45 to 9:15 p.m. Call for directions 516-997-4534. For information about the meeting call Nancy 798-2547 (between 7 and 9 p.m.) or Ed 516-845-5423.
• Women’s HIV/AIDS Counseling Services offering free support service, individual counseling, couples/family counseling, services for children. If you are a woman with HIV or AIDS and you need a place to talk or just to listen, we’re here to help. The support group meets every Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the “B” Building, Room 347 (inside the Child Development Center), Nassau University Medical Center, 2201 Hempstead Tpke., East Meadow. Individual counseling is also available by appointment. Call Dr. Suzanne Lachmann or Dr. Laura Cini at 516-572-5932.
Friday, 24 October 2014 00:00
Despite the national media attention about Ebola in recent weeks, there is one virus that is actually affecting Long Islanders, Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68), with one of the first cases identified in North Hempstead on Sept. 18 and a recent case on Oct. 15 in Suffolk County, which school officials called for the closing of school, as a health precaution.
The Levittown School District has been vigilant with the increase of cases in general. “We are continuing to implement the precautions provided by the health department and the CDC,” said Levittown School District Assistant Superintendent for Administration and Personnel Darlene Rhatigan. “We are also reminding students and staff to be mindful of the importance of proper hygiene including frequent hand washing.”
Thursday, 23 October 2014 11:30
Audrey Zhang, a sixth grader at Island Trees Memorial Middle School, took home first place in the Long Island Arts Alliance (LIAA) on Sept. 17. Zhang was honored at the Cradle of Aviation Museum for her work and was presented with a $500 check and an iPad Mini. Many dignitaries were on hand, including State Education Department Regent Roger Tilles.
Thursday, 23 October 2014 11:36
Four Division Avenue High School seniors have signed national letters of intent to play baseball at local universities next fall. All four players were instrumental in winning the 2014 Nassau County Championship.
Friday, 17 October 2014 08:32
The Island Trees Squirts Rockets U-6 team met with town officials, Supervisor Kate Murray and Councilman Gary Hudes at the 2014 Island Trees Soccer Club Opening Day Parade and Ceremony held at Stokes Elementary School. Pictured also with the Rockets U-6 team is President Joe Badolato, Event Coordinator Keri Cinelli, Equipment Commissioner Chris Blum, Travel Commissioner Mike Rich, Vice-President Brian Fielding and Rockets U-6 Coach Gina Weyland.