Friday, 14 August 2009 00:00
The NHP Wildcats S.C. has again partnered with the MLS New York Red Bulls to provide training for our Intramural Program (U4 through U9).
• Our Micro Soccer Program is a 8 week program (weather permitting)
• Professional Soccer Trainers will introduce the game of soccer to the children utilizing age appropriate games and skills training.
• Separate and distinct U4 and U5 sessions, which follow a weekly progression of skills/game-play, emphasizing touches on the ball.
• U4: 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
• U5: 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
• Your child will be assigned a specific session time for the entire season. Space is limited and you will register for the time sessions on a first come, first served basis.
• Players will be divided into teams with volunteer coaches.
• Teams (players & coaches) will be provided with 45 minutes of skill based training by a Professional Trainer.
• Training will be followed by 2 20-minute games, supervised by the trainers and run by the coaches. The first game will be a formal 3 v 3 game lasting 20 minutes, with the emphasis on players learning to play offense and defense, while maximizing touches of the ball. The second game will be a more traditional 15-20 minute game of 6 v 6. Scores and standings will not be maintained.
• Teams are encouraged to practice once a week with their coach to hone skills and build upon the MLS New York Red Bulls sessions.
(Teams will rotate start times throughout the season):
• Boys U6 - Saturdays with session start times of 11:00 a.m., 11:45 a.m. & 12:30 p.m.
• Boys U7 - Saturdays with session start times of 1:15 p.m., & 2:00 p.m.
• Girls U6 - Sundays with session start time of 12:00 p.m.
• Girls U7 - Sundays with session start times of 12:45 p.m. & 1:30 p.m.
U8 & U9 IntramuralPlayers will be divided into teams with volunteer coaches.
• Teams will play an 8-week schedule of games followed by play-offs.
• Teams are expected to practice during the week.
• In additional to the team games/practices, U8s & U9s can sign up for our U8/U9 Developmental Program. This is additional skill based training by professional trainers. There is an additional fee of $40 per player for U8 & U9 Developmental Program.
• Separate and distinct U8 and U9 Developmental sessions.
• Girls U9 @ 9:00 a.m. on Saturday
• Girls U8 @ 9:00 a.m. on Saturday
• Girls U8 & U10 @ 10:00 a.m. on Saturday
• Boys U9 @ 10:30 a.m. on Sunday
• Boys U8 @ 10:30 a.m. on Sunday
• In addition to team games/practices, U8s and U9s can sign up for our Goalkeeper Training Program. This additional training is by professional trainers. There is an additional fee of $40 per player if not participating in our Developmental Program. If player is participating in our Developmental Program the fee is reduced to $25.
• Girls U8 &9 @ 10:00 a..m on Saturday
• Boys U8 & 9 @ 11:30 a.m. on Sunday
• Players register separately via the NHP Wildcats website.
• Teams are broken into Major, Intermediate and Minor teams based upon the number of players registered and the recommendations of the Division Director and Coaches.
• Teams play against other clubs within Nassau and western Suffolk County.
• Girls U9 play on Saturdays at 4 or 5 p.m.
• Boys U9 play on Sundays at 4 or 5 p.m.
• This intramural program is for U11 & older players who are not playing travel soccer.
• Teams play against other towns within a limited travel area.
All Micro Soccer, U6/U7 sessions & the U8 & U9 Developmental Programs will be held at the Denton Ave School Field. The location of U8, U9/10 games and U11 & older games: to be determined.
The 8-week Intramural Season begins the weekend of September 12 & 13. There will be no sessions/games on the weekend of October 10/11 (Columbus Day weekend) due to possible tournaments.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Registration fees DO NOT include a uniform.
Uniforms may be purchased at:
SportLoft, 1105 Jericho Tpke., NHP
(516) 437-6403, at a contracted price.
• These fees are separate from and do not include Travel Soccer.
• Players registered after July 15, 2009 will be considered late. For your child to be registered you must include the $25 late fee. Late registrations cannot be guaranteed placement on a team.
• All Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
• Late Fees will not be waived.
• No requests will be honored.
• All new registrants must provide proof of age.