Friday, 31 July 2009 00:00
The New Hyde Park Wildcats Soccer has again partnered with the MLS New York Red Bulls to provide training for our Intramural Program (U4 through U9).
Following is a brief description of the programs for the Fall 09 season:
Micro Soccer (U4 & U5)
Our Micro Soccer Program is an 8 week program (weather permitting) Professional Soccer Trainers will introduce the game of soccer to the children utilizing age appropriate games and skills training.
Separate and distinct U4 and U5 sessions, which follow a weekly progression of skills/game-play, emphasizing touches on the ball.
U4: 9 a.m., 10 a.m. and 11p.m.
U5: 12:30 p.m. 1:30 p.m. 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Your child will be assigned a specific session time for the entire season. Space is limited and you will register for the time sessions on a first come, first served basis.
U6 & U7 Intramural
Players will be divided into teams with volunteer coaches. Teams (players & coaches) will be provided with 45 minutes of skill based training by a Professional Trainer.
Training will be followed by two 20-minute games, supervised by the trainers and run by the coaches. The first game will be a formal 3 v 3 game lasting 20 minutes, with the emphasis on players learning to play offense and defense, while maximizing touches of the ball. The second game will be a more traditional 15-20 minute game of 6 vs. 6. Scores and standings will not be maintained.
Teams are encouraged to practice once a week with their coach to hone skills and build upon the MLS New York Red Bulls.
Boys U6 - Saturdays with session start times of 11a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Boys U7 - Saturdays with session start times of 1:15 p.m. and 2 p.m.
Girls U6 - Sundays with session start time of 12 p.m.
Girls U7 - Sundays with session start times of 12:45 p.m. and1:30 p.m.
• Players will be divided into teams with volunteer coaches.
• Teams will play an 8-week schedule of games followed by play-offs.
• Teams are expected to practice during the week.
• In additional to the team games/practices, U8s & U9s can sign up for our U8/U9 Developmental Program. This is additional skill based training by professional trainers. There is an additional fee of $40 per player for U8 & U9 Developmental Program.
• Separate and distinct U8 and U9 Developmental sessions.
• The Developmental Program will be held as follows:
• Girls U9 at 9 a.m. on Saturday
• Girls U8 at 9 a.m. on Saturday
• Girls U8 and U10 @ 10 a.m. on Saturday
• Boys U9 at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday
• Boys U8 at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday
• In addition to team games/practices, U8s and U9s can sign up for our Goalkeeper Training Program. This additional training is by professional trainers. There is an additional fee of $40 per player if not participating in our Developmental Program. If player is participating in our Developmental Program the fee is reduced to $25.
• The Goalkeeper Training will be held as follows:
• Girls U8 and 9 at 10 a.m. on Saturday
• Boys U8 and 9 at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday
• Players register separately via the NHP Wildcats website.
• Teams are broken into Major, Intermediate and Minor teams based upon the number of players registered and the recommendations of the Division Director and Coaches.
• Teams play against other clubs within Nassau and western Suffolk County.
• Girls U9 play on Saturdays at 4 or 5 p.m.
• Boys U9 play on Sundays at 4 or 5 p.m.
• This intramural program is for U11 and older players who are not playing travel soccer.
• Teams play against other towns within a limited travel area.
All Micro Soccer, U6/U7 sessions and the U8 and U9 Developmental Programs will be held at the Denton Ave School Field. The location of U8, U9/10 games and U11 and older games: to be determined.
The 8-week Intramural Season begins the weekend of Sept. 12 and 13. There will be no sessions/games on the weekend of October 10-11 (Columbus Day weekend) due to possible tournaments.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Developmental/Pre-Travel/Micro Commissioner Kevin Krems at
Registration fees DO NOT include a uniform.
Uniforms may be purchased at:
SportLoft, 1105 Jericho Tpke., New Hyde Park
(437-6403), at a contracted price.
The fees are separate from and do not include Travel Soccer.
Players registered after July 15 will be considered late. For your child to be registered you must include the $25 late fee. Late registrations cannot be guaranteed placement on a team. All Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE Late Fees will not be waived. No requests will be honored. All new registrants must provide proof of age.