Written by Village of New Hyde Park Superintendent Robert Katulak Friday, 03 February 2012 00:00
If you have a child who will be 5 years of age by December 1, 2012, or know of someone in our school district community who has a child of this age, then it is time to register the child for kindergarten. In order for us to adequately plan for the next school year, it is necessary for all children eligible for kindergarten to be registered at this time.
If you have an eligible child, please register your child at your neighborhood school. Registration forms can be obtained at the main office of each of our schools or on our website at www.nhp-gcp.org. Please have the forms completed at the time of registration.
Hours of Registration:
Garden City Park School – 434-2390
9 to 11 a.m.; 1 to 2 p.m.
Hillside Grade School – 434-2410
8:45 to 11 a.m.; 1:15 to 2:15 p.m.
Manor Oaks School – 434-2350
9 a.m. to noon
New Hyde Park Road School –
434-2370, 9 a.m. to noon
Please bring the following items with you:
• Child’s immunization record
• Child’s original birth certificate
• Parent/guardian photo identification
• Proof of Guardianship
• Owners need two proofs of residency – one of the following: (either a mortgage statement, deed or tax bill) and one of the following: either a LIPA, Water or National Grid bill) (Please Note: phone bills are not acceptable)
• Renters need to have an Owners Affidavit filled out and notarized with either a mortgage statement, deed, or tax bill showing proof of ownership.
As Well As: Renter/Non-Owner Affidavit filled out and notarized with a copy of the lease or rental agreement.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact the school in your neighborhood for further information. Additional information and copies of the affidavit mention above can be found in the District tab of the website under Registration.