Friday, 29 January 2010 00:00
Picnic reservations for the coming season may be made at Nassau County parks beginning Monday, Feb. 1. Reservations can be made for the following parks:
• Bay Park: 571-7821 - make reservations at Grant Park
• Cantiague Park: 571-7056
• Cedar Creek Park: 571-7470
• Christopher Morley Park: 571-8113
• Cow Meadow Park: 571-8685 – during winter, reservations taken at Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park.
• Eisenhower Park: 572-0348 - special activities bldg., parking field #8
• Grant Park: 571-7821
• Inwood Park: 571-7894 – reservations taken at North Woodmere Park.
• Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park: 571-8692
• Nickerson Beach Park: 571-7700
• North Woodmere Park: 571-7801
• Wantagh Park: 571-7460
Reservations must be made in person at park locations, and a valid Leisure Pass and appropriate payment (fees depend upon group size) must be presented to obtain a confirmed reservation. Payment can be made by cash, check (made out to “Treasurer of Nassau County”) or credit card (at some locations). “Rain-or-shine” shelter areas are available at Cedar Creek Park, Rev. Arthur Mackey Sr. Park, Nickerson Beach Park and Wantagh Park.
County regulations require that 75 percent of all picnic participants be Nassau County residents. A special permit is required for the use of alcoholic beverages, and this permit must be purchased at least one week in advance of any reserved or unreserved picnic.
To make catering arrangements, patrons must contact the park concessionaire, Dover Caterers, at 933-4444, ext. 12 or 16. Picnic reservations must be secured from the individual park before catering can be arranged.