News Sports Opinion Obituaries Contents
June 22, 2001

  • NEWS: The Class of 2001 - Honors and Awards

    An overview of the Great Neck Public Schools Class of 2001 reveals 498 graduates from our three high schools: 214 from North, 268 from South, and 16 from the Village School. Over 98 percent of these graduates will pursue higher education in either four-year or two-year colleges. The remaining 2 percent historically seek employment or vocational training, or join the Armed Services. FULL STORY

  • NEWS: LIE Lanes at Community and Lakeville Patience and Pluck Pay Off

    Almost as soon as the pavement markings dried at the brand new construction of the bridges at Community Drive and Lakeville Road at the Long Island Expressway (LIE), the complaints about the lane configurations grew from grumbles to growls. Lake Success Mayor Robert Bernstein alerted the peninsula's other mayors of the problem through the Village Officials Association, and Police Chief William Roberts documented the accidents and near-misses that occurred as drivers swerved and swore at the traffic. (Great Neck Record, February 8, 2001, LIE Lane Logistics Are Lambasted). FULL STORY

  • SPORTS: Local Merchants Donate Prizes for the Third Annual Rex Lardner Tennis Tournament

    The weather cooperated beautifully and the Great Neck Park District's Third Annual Rex Lardner Tennis Tournament was a happy success. The tournament namesake, Rex Lardner, was an author who wrote extensively about tennis-and was a regular at the Memorial Field tennis courts. The event was held on Saturday, June 9, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Memorial Field. The friendly competition included men's doubles and mixed doubles. There was no entry fee for the tournament, but a Great Neck Park District park card and tennis permit were just the "tickets" residents needed to participate and be eligible for prizes. FULL STORY

  • SPORTS: Pro Am Bicycle Challenge Sponsors Present Check

    Sponsors present a check for the upcoming world class Pro Am Great Neck Bicycle Challenge Race, to be held on July 15 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., in Great Neck Plaza on a .6-mile course around Grace Avenue Park. There are five separate races depending on riders' age, sex and skill. FULL STORY

  • OPINION: Justin Ressler April 11, 1983 - June 23, 1997
  • OPINION: Congratulates Graduates!

LongIsland.com Logo
An Official Newspaper of the
LongIsland.Com Internet Community


| antonnews.com home | Email the Great Neck Record|
Copyright ©2001 Anton Community Newspapers, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

LinkExchange
LinkExchange Member

Farmingdale Observer Floral Park Dispatch Garden City Life Glen Cove Record Pilot Great Neck Record Hicksville Illustrated News Levittown Tribune Manhasset Press Massapequan Observer Mineola American New Hyde Park Illustrated News Oyster Bay Enterprise Pilot Plainview Herald Port Washington News Roslyn News Syosset Jericho Tribune Three Village Times Westbury Times Boulevard Magazine Features Calendar Search Add An Event Classified Contacting Anton News