Thursday, 15 May 2014 00:00
My name is Robert Mazzella and I am a candidate for the North Shore School District Board of Education. I hope to have the privilege of representing the entire North Shore School District community - parents, seniors, local businesses, teachers, and most importantly the CHILDREN!
After actively attending virtually all school board meetings and informational sessions over the last two years, I decided it was time to seek a position on the Board of Education. As a parent of two children at the Glenwood Landing Elementary School, husband of a Garden City
High School teacher, active member of the Glen Head-Glenwood Civic Council, and President of the Property Owners’ Association of North Shore Acres, I believe I am uniquely qualified to represent all members of the North Shore School District area.
The following is a list of some of my additional qualifications:
• Senior Marketing Director for an international marketing company with 20+ years of experience managing the multi-million dollar budgets of several of the firm’s largest profit centers
• Audited Fortune 500 Companies for a top Certified Public Accounting firm
• M.B.A., Marketing, Indiana University
• Certified Public Accountant, December 1989 (currently inactive)
• B.S., Accounting, Summa Cum Laude, St. Francis College
I am eager to apply my 25-plus years of business experience as a marketing executive, financial auditor, and accountant to the many challenges facing our School District. As I mentioned at “Meet the Candidates Night,” a high quality educational experience and fiscal responsibility are not mutually exclusive. Together, we can keep our schools great, our children happy, and our community united!
I hope you will take the time to vote for me on May 20. Thanks, in advance, for your support.
— Robert Mazzella