With summer now here I would like to remind all our village residents about our Good Neighbor Rules:
* Heavy landscaping equipment, such as lawn mowers, leaf blowers and edgers, are prohibited from use on Sundays and holidays and before 8 a.m. on all other days.
* Regular trash is collected at the curb each Tuesday and Friday by the Town of Oyster Bay.
* Yard waste and other garbage cannot be brought to the curb until after sunset on the night before a scheduled pickup.
* Landscapers must remove debris or store it out of sight on the property.
* Empty garbage cans should be brought in within two hours after pickup.
* Lawns must be cut to within 5", fences kept in repair and your property must be kept free of debris.
* It is every property owner's responsibility to assure that their sidewalks are in good condition and their trees and branches do not pose any hazards to passersby.
* Please also remember to curb your dog and "scoop the poop."
By observing these few rules we can assure that our village streets will be as safe and clean as they can be. With school out and increased outdoor activities, please remember to drive slowly and safely on our streets and always keep a watchful eye out for children playing and people walking. Please also keep a vigilant eye out for any unusual activity, dangerous conditions or out of the ordinary behavior in your neighborhood. Please report any instances to the proper agency. By all of us getting involved, we can continue to make our Village the best place to live, work and play.